Registration is now closed.
Students must be members in good standing of a recognized organization and be a minimum age of 18.
Students belonging to a fire department who are only 16 years of age will be allowed in the ROOKIE COURSE only.
All students attending the school must do so with the consent of the head of their organization, verify they are covered by their organizations insurance and be physically qualified.
FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR is required as listed for each specific course. All protective gear must comply with a current approval rating as per the respective government agency for that type of equipment.
HORSE-PLAY / ALCOHOL / DRUGS will not be tolerated. Students found to be involved in this type of activity will be
expelled, not be awarded a certificate nor refunded their fees.
It is the student’s responsibility, along with the instructor’s to keep the classroom & field training sites policed & clean.
By virtue of Vermont State Law, smoking is NOT PERMITTED on the grounds of the Alburgh school.
This school/corporation is not in any way affiliated with any political party or government, in the United States or Canada whatsoever and does not endorse or recommend, either factually or implied, any of the vendor items on display or used for instruction in any of its programs.
Students will need to select their top 3 class choices, from list in the registration section 1, 2, or 3 for your first, second, and third choices.
Students will be placed in courses as class space allows.
If your 1st choice is full or cancelled you will be placed in your next available course by the registrar.Refunds will only be made if all 3 choices are not available.
After submitting the registration, the registrar will advise you that you have been entered in the class of your choice or the next class on your list. Students can then check the class and location on the STUDENT PLACEMENT PAGE.
Please Note** If mailing in payment, it must reach us 2 weeks before school dates and made out to NCIFTS. Payment must be in U.S. funds. Thank you.
School business address is:
P.O. Box 456
South Hero, VT 05486
Waiver of Liability
Whereas: I have been invited to attend, observe, or participate in a training exercise, sponsored and administered by the North Country International Fire Training Service Inc., in concert with various private and public organizations, persons and corporations; AND WHEREAS: Such exercises often present hazards to the life and property of participants, observers or attendees: NOW THEREFORE: In consideration of being afforded the opportunity to observe, attend, or participate in such training exercise:
1. I acknowledge the inherent dangers of such training and assume the risk to my person and property, both personal and that of others under my control, supervision.
2. I agree to hold harmless and waive all claims arising from my participation, observation or attendance of said training for damages to myself, my property or property of others under my control and supervision arising out of the action or inaction, through any negligence or otherwise other than deliberate and intentional tortious action by the North Country International Fire Training Service Inc., its agents and employees in both their official and personal capacities.
3. Further, this Waiver of Liability and agreement to hold harmless extends to all claims that might devolve to the benefit of my heirs, assignees, administrators or executors, including but not limited to, all claims arising from my wrongful death or injury.
4. Further, the protection of the Waiver of Liability and agreement to hold harmless extends to all cooperating organizations, corporations and individuals, their agents and employees, in both official and personal capacities, who are assisting the North Country International Fire Training Service Inc. in the presentation and conduct of this training.
5. APPLICANTS are required to be a minimum 18 years of age, with the exception of the ROOKIE class. We will except students belonging to a fire department at the age of 16 as long as they have the consent of the chief.